Pages

Monday 12 March 2018

Kiwisport Reflection lesson#4

Cricket/Kiwisport Lesson #4
Hello everyone it’s me Kensington again and we have been having our tennis lessons and we also played cricket. I had a lot of fun playing with my friends and my class. I never got a turn to bat but maybe next time I will.

Cricket!:)
I had to split with my homegroup (homegroup 2) and go and play cricket. Cricket was a lot of fun two people bat and I was outfield with the rest of the class. I don’t really like outfield because I never really catch the ball that much. So lots of  people got a turn to ball and then it came to my turn. I felt very nervous when it came to my turn because I don’t really know how to control the ball to how far I want it to go. But I kept trying to aim at the wicket by pitching the ball with a growth mindset.
After that we had to switch with the other homegroup (Homegroup 1) and go and play tennis inside of the hall. I was wondering why. Then the tennis instructor (Peter) explained to us why. He said that we were playing inside of the hall because the news said that the cyclone gita was coming and it looked like it was going to rain outside, and he didn't want us to worry about the rain and play inside.

The 3 Lesson

After that we learnt how to volley the ball to each other.
Volleying the ball is when one person throws the ball and the
other hits it back to them.
After that we learnt how to smash, and that was when we had
to learn how to control and rally the ball to each other.
After that we had to learn how to just move the racket and let
the strings bounce the ball to the other side, I really enjoyed this.
There were only two nets and on one side there were 4 yellow
spots and on the other side there were 4 red spots. 1 person
had to go on one of the spots. I felt really excited to practice
one of these things. Thats why I really enjoyed doing this with
my Homegroup.

What I found challenging was trying to control my racket when
the strings bounced the ball to others side. Because when
grace tried she got the racket stuck to her hair.

I really hope that you enjoyed reading my reflection.
Comment down below please





No comments:

Post a Comment